The Recreation Program gives people with disabilities the opportunity to participate in a range of sporting and leisure activities. As as a result participants make friends, achieve personal goals, keep fit and enhance their quality of life.
Weekend Trips and Holidays
A calendar of weekend trips and week holidays is circulated to families/clients at the beginning of each year. Some of the trips offered have included:
- Holidays on the Gold Coast
- Week trips to capital cities, eg. Sydney and Perth
- Holidays in the Flinders Ranges
- Shopping trips to Adelaide and Mildura
- Weekend adventures to Farms, on Houseboats and to AFL football games
- Trips to Adelaide to see stage shows such as ‘Mama Mia’ or live concerts.
Participants book into the trips that suit them and pay a deposit to secure their booking. Families/participants are given the opportunity to forward plan and save for specific trips. We encourage clients to pay for their trips/holidays by installments throughout the year.
School Holiday Programs
A number of activities are co-ordinated throughout each school holidays. Participants are forwarded a Program and asked to book the activities they would enjoy. A door to door transport service is provided. An office staff member rings the family a day before the activity to advise of the participants pick up time. Payment for each activity can be pre paid or given to the driver when your family member is picked up.
Some of the activities included are:
- Cooking days
- Boy/Girl sleepovers
- Movies at the Chaffey Theatre
- Trips to the Mildura Wave Pool
- Visits to local playgrounds – ( Monash Playground)