Recreation and Holiday Programs
RRRSI’s Recreation Program gives people with disabilities the opportunity to participate in a range of sporting and leisure activities. As as a result participants make friends, achieve personal goals, keep fit and enhance their quality of life. We can also provide support for individual participants to have their own individual holidays or trips away if they don’t want to access the group programs.
Every month RRRSI has a Diner’s Club for participants to attend a venue in the Riverland for a meal on a Saturday night. This is a very popular activity and a group of 30 to 40 participants attend each month.Social Club is a monthly day out on the weekend where the participants plan upcoming activities usually in the Riverland area.Ten Pin Bowls is another popular activity that is held once every quarter and participants travel to a Ten Pin Bowls centre in either Mildura or The Barossa Valley.
Weekend Trips and Holidays
A calendar of weekend trips and week holidays is circulated to families/clients at the beginning of each year. Some of the trips offered have included:
- Holidays on the Gold Coast
- Week trips to capital cities, eg. Sydney and Perth
- Holidays in the Flinders Ranges
- Shopping trips to Adelaide and Mildura
- Weekend adventures to Farms, on Houseboats and to AFL football games
- Trips to Adelaide to see stage shows such as ‘Mama Mia’ or live concerts.Participants book into the trips that suit them and pay a deposit to secure their booking. Families/participants are given the opportunity to forward plan and save for specific trips. We encourage clients to pay for their trips/holidays by instalments throughout the year.Due to COVID 19 some of the Recreation programs are slowly being reinstated with smaller groups. Holidays have been put on hold until the pandemic is under control.
School Holiday Programs
A number of activities are co-ordinated throughout each school holidays. Participants are forwarded a Program and asked to book the activities they would enjoy. A door to door transport service is provided. An office staff member rings the family a day before the activity to advise of the participants pick up time. Payment for each activity can be pre paid or given to the driver when your family member is picked up.Some of the activities included are:
Movies at the Chaffey Theatre
Trips to the Mildura Wave Pool
Visits to local playgrounds – ( Monash Playground)